Re: Connector/Net connection performance
Posted by: Valere Palhories
Date: February 01, 2005 04:27AM

Hi,

I'm using MySql V4.19, Connector/NET 1.04, Windows XP with SP2, ASP.NET 1.1, IIS 5.1, .Net Framework version 1.1.4322 (SP1) and Visual Studio 7.1.3088

Is your configuration similar? Is the instantaneous connection both in "debug" and "release" versions?

I've tried turning off the XP firewall thinking that was the problem but to no avail. When I trace thru my program you could clearly see that the problem is on the open statement the program just halts when it hits the .OPEN statement and then comes back 20-30 seconds later.

My perplexion is that I used the same class I built to open my database inside a VB.NET application as a test. The connection is instantaneous so my assumption is that both the Connector/NET and the class I built are okay.

As it stands now, my application is not deliverable due to the lag time in connecting. I need to get this resolved as I _really_ don't like the alternative which is SQL Server which by the way works instantaneously in my ASP project!

Any help is appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Connector/Net connection performance
February 01, 2005 04:27AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.