Don't use Connector/J 3.1 with Mysql 4.1.x
Posted by: Dmitry Grinberg
Date: February 25, 2005 10:12AM

Running extremely select-heavy application. Using Connector/J 3.0 we reached limitation of some sort using mysql version 4.0.x, that appears to be a limitation on how the full text search index is built in 4.0.x. So we tested the same on 4.1.x and found that index is built much better (queries that slowed down from 1 sec to 20 sec are running close to 1 sec again). But we had to upgrade to Connector/J 3.1, since mysql 4.1.x doesn’t work with Connector/J 3.0.x. Now that where my warning begins. Don’t use that combination (Mysql 4.1 with Connector/J 3.1). It runs fine for 4-5 hours and then starts locking connections. I wasted a week (restarting the app every 4-5 hours) trying to find a problem somewhere else, but the code hasn’t changed in more then a year. So I reverted to Mysql 4.0.x and Connector/J 3.0.x and no problems since then. So it appears it’s not production ready version after all.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Don't use Connector/J 3.1 with Mysql 4.1.x
February 25, 2005 10:12AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.