mysql 3.1.8a connector error on linux but not on windows
Posted by: subs05
Date: June 02, 2005 03:52AM

Hello!

I had a problem with the mysql jdbc connectors 3.1.8a driver. I'm using ojb 1.0 (http://db.apache.org/ojb/) to store my java objects in a mysql db. Because we use the mysql 4.1.10a db on suse 9.3 I had to use new mysql-drivers so I downloaded the 3.1.8a drivers (which are "recommended") and put them into my lib path of my webproject (and removed the old drivers). Everything seemed to work fine but then an error on an insert statement occured. I tested it under Windows 2000/XP and there is no such error.

Has anyone an idea why there is a different behaviour on linux?

When I then switched to the 4.1.6 drivers which are shipped with suse the error disappeared!

The error:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect arguments to mysql_stmt_execute
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2851)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1531)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ServerPreparedStatement.serverExecute(ServerPreparedStatement.java:1366)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ServerPreparedStatement.executeInternal(ServerPreparedStatement.java:952)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1974)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1897)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1758)
... 53 more

caused by the statement (which is generated by ojb):
INSERT INTO TextBox (id,elementId,elementTimestamp,elementTypeId,status,metaId,publishStatus,boxTitle,backgroundcolorId,communityFeaturesId,header,headersize,text) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)

on windows the values are something like (1,1,....)

regards

Philipp

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
mysql 3.1.8a connector error on linux but not on windows
June 02, 2005 03:52AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.