P6Spy SQL tracing with the JDBC connector
Posted by: Alistair Black
Date: January 13, 2005 08:21AM

Hi,

I've just migrated a Sybase ASA database onto MySQL which is being used from the Orion application server. I was able to trace all SQL over the JDBC connection against ASA using P6Spy, so would like to do the same against MySQL.

In my Orion datasources configuration file I've set the datasource class to "com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource" and the connection-driver to "com.p6spy.engine.spy.P6SpyDriver". I've then set the realdriver property within my spy.properties file to "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver".

Orion is obtains connections to MySQL but I do not see any trace output in my log files - having redirected to stdout via the P6Spy logger (com.p6spy.engine.logging.appender.StdoutLogger).

Does anyone have any experience with this set up or recommend an alternative? The advantage I'd found with P6Spy and Orion was the fact that the SQL statements were appended to the Orion log where I also output debug statements to monitor the code flow. Everything is logged in the correct sequence which makes it very easy to debug.

Best regards,

Alistair

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
P6Spy SQL tracing with the JDBC connector
January 13, 2005 08:21AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.