Re: Character set problem
Posted by: Steve Erdman
Date: January 19, 2005 09:41PM

Yeah, I did that (the file.encoding thing). That actually caused the intial information getting read in to translate the characters into the box character.

Turns out, as far as I can tell, the characters I was having problems with aren't part of the latin1 set. I'm still not entirely sure why my latin1 database was storing them correctly, but after some reading I realized that I needed to force everything over to the cp1250 set, which has these characters in it. I did that and now things are working. I also now know more about character sets than I ever really wanted to, but if I wanted to restrict myself to fun knowledge, I would have done marine biology or something.

Thanks for the look,
Steve Erdman

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject
Written By
Posted
January 19, 2005 03:18PM
January 19, 2005 06:08PM
Re: Character set problem
January 19, 2005 09:41PM
January 20, 2005 06:00PM


Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.