CFMX 6.1 & MySQL ODBC/JDBC connectivity error
Posted by: cjgomez65
Date: January 30, 2005 05:31PM

I am trying to set up a MySQL 4.1.7 DSN connection (on CFMX 6.1), but i keep getting the following error:

Connection verification failed for data source: chaos
[]java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/sql/Savepoint
The root cause was that: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/sql/Savepoint

I have loaded the latest ODBC and JDBC drivers from the MySQL site. I selected MySQL as the driver, then entered the DSN name, schema name and server (localhost, in this case). The user id/pw are automatically populated.

I checked Macromedia's site and tried using the Other ODBC driver and configured it with the JDBC URL and Class data. However, I get the same authentication error. I've also gone back into the MySQL Administrator and reset the pw there and tried again.

The odd thing is that I can create an ODBC connection using the W2K ODBC Manager. The CFMX Administrator sees that ODBC, but still fails on the authentication. I created a new user account in MySQL Administrator and that id/pw isn't working either.

I've also tried to create a DSN for the mysqltest schema and created a connection for it, either.

any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
CFMX 6.1 & MySQL ODBC/JDBC connectivity error
January 30, 2005 05:31PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.