Communications link failure and java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
Posted by: Adriano Capruzzi
Date: June 29, 2016 04:01AM

Hello experts

I'm really newbie with mysql.

I got the following error:

Exception in component tMysqlInput_1
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.

at operations.flux_billing_paiements_0_3.Flux_Billing_Paiements.main(Flux_Billing_Paiements.java:4026)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

I'm trying to analyze issue, I tried to run again the program and I'm checking the number of connections I see the "connections" variable increase

+-------------------+-------+
| Variable_name | Value |
| Connections | 49984 | <===========
| Threads_cached | 26 |
| Threads_connected | 15 |
| Threads_created | 41 |
| Threads_running | 1 |

mysql -e 'SHOW STATUS WHERE variable_name LIKE "Threads_%" OR variable_name = "Connections"'
| Variable_name | Value |
| Connections | 56497 | <===========
| Threads_cached | 19 |
| Threads_connected | 22 |
| Threads_created | 41 |
| Threads_running | 1 |

So the first question I'd like to post id : Do the "connections" variable reach a maxium value and then raise a "timeout" error as above?
What means "connections" ? Is it similar to a "number of cursor open by a session?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Thank you in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.