Client cert required by Connector/J when server does not verify it?
Posted by: J. Lewis Muir
Date: May 25, 2017 10:32AM

Hello!

The MySQL server I'm connecting to via SSL with Connector/J is configured not to verify the certificate presented by the client. In

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-j/5.1/en/connector-j-reference-using-ssl.html

it says I have to have a client certificate and instructs me to create a keystore containing it. Does this apply even when the server does not verify the certificate? In other words, why do I need to create and provide the keystore file when the server is not set up to verify the client certificate? Basically, I want the client to connect to the MySQL server like a web browser typically connects to an HTTPS server: the web browser verifies the certificate presented by the server, and the web browser does not send a certificate to the server to verify. Can I do the same with a Connector/J client such that I don't have to create and provide the client certificate keystore?

Thank you!

Lewis

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.