How do I set the timezone in MYSQL 8.0.12 or configure the JDBC driver??
Posted by: Karen Goh
Date: December 15, 2018 10:15PM

I tried to test out the MYSQL Connection after a failed insertion of code, even though the code is correct cos it was inserted using the same exact method.

Last time, I was using a lower MYSQL version and had no problem with the timeZone and connectivity issue.

So, now the test Connection via Eclipse data explorer gave me an error message :

Could not connect to New MySQL.
Error creating SQL Model Connection connection to New MySQL. (Error: The server time zone value 'Malay Peninsula Standard Time' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.)

The server time zone value 'Malay Peninsula Standard Time' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.

Error creating JDBC Connection connection to New MySQL. (Error: The server time zone value 'Malay Peninsula Standard Time' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.)

The server time zone value 'Malay Peninsula Standard Time' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.

Here's the setting the code for MYSQL connection:

public static final String URL ="jdbc:mysql://localhost/project?autoReconnect=true&serverTimezone=UTC&useSSL=False&allowPublicKeyRetrieval=true";

I have put in the correct MYSQL Connection driver :
mysqlconnector-java-driver-8.0.12.jar

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
How do I set the timezone in MYSQL 8.0.12 or configure the JDBC driver??
December 15, 2018 10:15PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.