Communication link failure in load balance mode
Posted by: NOT_FOUND NULL !
Date: June 04, 2020 09:17PM

I am using tomcat and Mysql connector/j 8.

I have 2 haproxy servers connecting to 2 db nodes in active-passive mode such that the haproxy servers always passes the db connections to node1 as master. It passes the db connection to node2 when node1 is down. Then my application makes DB connection by connecting to haproxy servers.

Then I set up the load balance mode in the tomcat data source db connection setting as follows:

url="jdbc:mysql:loadbalance://haproxy1:19306,happroxy2:19306/mydb?noAccessToProcedureBodies=true"

With the load balance mode, my application always get the Communications link failure like:

com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet successfully received from the server was 1,200,107 milliseconds ago. The last packet sent successfully to the server was 1,200,107 milliseconds ago.
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createCommunicationsException(SQLError.java:174)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionsMapping.translateException(SQLExceptionsMapping.java:64)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.commit(ConnectionImpl.java:814)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ha.MultiHostMySQLConnection.commit(MultiHostMySQLConnection.java:164)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor124.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ha.LoadBalancedConnectionProxy.invokeMore(LoadBalancedConnectionProxy.java:565)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ha.MultiHostConnectionProxy.invoke(MultiHostConnectionProxy.java:502)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy4.commit(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor124.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.ProxyConnection.invoke(ProxyConnection.java:125)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy8.commit(Unknown Source)
at hk.gov.egis.portal.batch.SendMail.run(SendMail.java:177)
at hk.gov.egis.portal.batch.SendMail.execute(SendMail.java:434)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:573)

If I set the failover mode in like:
url="jdbc:mysql://haproxy1:19306,happroxy2:19306/mydb?noAccessToProcedureBodies=true&failOverReadOnly=false"

I don't get the Communications link failure any more.

Please advise how can eliminate the Communication link failure when using load balance mode.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Communication link failure in load balance mode
June 04, 2020 09:17PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.