Questions on getGeneratedKeys with on duplicate key update cause
Posted by: y kong
Date: March 16, 2022 09:40AM

Hi there, I was using mysql-connector-java:8.0.28 and trying to use getGeneratedKeys to get the inserted primary keys. The insert SQL is like: INSERT IGNORE INTO channel_info(platform, app_id, area_id, channel_name) VALUES (100, 100, 1, 'test-channel-1'), (100, 100, 2, 'test-channel-1') ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `channel_name`=VALUES(`channel_name`);
There are two rows inserted into the table successfully, but getGeneratedKeys only returns the first row's primary key.
And I tried to debug into com.mysql.cj.jdbc.StatementImpl#getGeneratedKeys and found that when lastQueryIsOnDupKeyUpdate, 1 would be used as getGeneratedKeysInternal's parameter.
I was wondering why numsKey has to be 1 rather than getLargeUpdateCount()? Since when I manually execute getGeneratedKeysInternal() which using getLargeUpdateCount() as numsKey, it seems to returns all the correct primary keys' values.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Questions on getGeneratedKeys with on duplicate key update cause
March 16, 2022 09:40AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.