Re: Subquery using SELECT MAX() on DATETIME field kills Mysql NT server on latest Connector/J
Posted by: Simon Haldon
Date: March 04, 2005 07:28AM

Yes, preparing the statement in the client as you outlined kills the server when trying to prepare 'foo' (nb. I needed "..." around the select statement to run it). I can run it through my webapp however, under connector j/3.0.16?

I 'blamed' connector J because this code runs in my webapp under earlier versions of connector J (3.0.x) as above but crashes under the latest version. Everything else is identical except the connector J version.

Is there a quick solution to this?

Regarding the dates, I was happy that mysql allowed zero dates represented as strings as this makes coding very easy. I changed to sentinel values since the zero dates aren't supported now - guess I'll rethink the dates. I understand the need for the compliance with java standards for portability etc. It only takes me an hour or so as the app is work in progress.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Subquery using SELECT MAX() on DATETIME field kills Mysql NT server on latest Connector/J
March 04, 2005 07:28AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.