Re: Connector/J "Expected to read 4 bytes, read 0 bytes before connection was unexpectedly lost."
Posted by: Andrew Jackson
Date: February 11, 2008 10:19AM

Hey Mark,

Just to let you know - my problem occurs when I bring up a java server (RMI) i guess it tries to create a DB connection and then the ConnectionException happens due to an EOF execption. My database is on localhost - I can see my database running - the port is waiting for connections - its just not happening - this seems to be a problem that is reoccuring and not being solved http://lists.mysql.com/java/9085.

I have put in the log options and gotten very little - can you specify where these log writers output to? If I cant get this sorted soon I will need to junk mysql. Anyone know of other good databases with solid jdbc drivers?

I think a bit of dedicated insight may help me and many others.

Andrew

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Connector/J "Expected to read 4 bytes, read 0 bytes before connection was unexpectedly lost."
February 11, 2008 10:19AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.