Re: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure
Posted by: paul d
Date: March 05, 2008 08:32AM

I have similar issue, I use Centos 5.1 64bit, Mysql 5.1.22rc-community, JDBC 5.1.5.
I tried to increase "wait_timeout", it helps only for the period specified in it, then looks like Mysql terminates all connections in pool, and attempt to establish a connection after that time results in the exception. The second attempt is successful. I used "autoReconnectForPools=true" in my jdbc driver url, but it seems to have no effect. I wonder is there any other tuning available on mysql side to prevent that, other than increasing wait_timeout till forever? I also expereiense same issue on the same OS with the latest ODBC driver.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure
March 05, 2008 08:32AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.