Re: Poor performance vs. MSSQL with JDBC
Posted by: David Wynter
Date: April 06, 2005 08:10AM

Correction, it is a display limit per line in the Query browser. The reason it does not execute the multiple statements is that it, like the cmd line tool, uses ';' to execute, so everything after the first one is just a part of a syntax error as far as it is concerned.

Without decent diagnstics it is not going to be possible for me to use MySQL. I still do not see how I can determine why some of my queries to the child table (in my parent, child, grandchild scenario described previously) take over 500ms when the transaction is isolated from queries on the tables at the other end of both its foreign keys. In MS SQL the Enterprise Manager tells me at runtime precisely which transaction is locking another, anything similar?

Since my scenario should have no inter-table foreign key dependencies at the time of the transaction unless I can see the actual cause it is going to be difficult to find the cause.

Thx.

David

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Poor performance vs. MSSQL with JDBC
April 06, 2005 08:10AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.