Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature
Posted by: Matt Soghoian
Date: June 11, 2005 04:17PM

Hello, I have spent 3 days on this now, and am getting fairly frustrated. I have read and tried all suggestions in this forum, and others. Also have read all documentation pertaining to this issue. Basically have tried every variation possible to get rid of the org/aspectj/lang/Signature error. Here's my stats...

Java Version: 1.4.2_05
MySQL Version: 4.1.10a-standard
Connector/J Version: 3.2 alpha (currently)

I have also used the 3.1 and 3.0 versions of connectorj with the same results. I just saw that someone upgraded to alpha and it fixed this problem, so I am currently using alpha.

I am currently using tcsh (although I have tried bash also with the same results, so I can rule out improper classpath syntax)

Here is the contents of my .tcshrc file...
setenv JAVA_HOME /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Home
setenv PATH ${PATH}:/usr/local/mysql/bin
setenv PATH ${PATH}:/usr/local/bin
setenv PATH ${PATH}:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Home/mysql-connector-java-3.2.0-alpha/mysql-connector-java-3.2.0-alpha-bin.jar

I have also tried setting classpaths to connectorj/com and /org directories, as well as aspectjrt.jar. So far, no changes to the classpaths have made a bit of difference. I have tried dozens of combinations, and all result in the same error.

Here is the java code I am trying to execute...
import java.sql.Connection;
import java.sql.DriverManager;
import java.sql.SQLException;

public class test {
public static void main (String [] args) {

try {
Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver").newInstance();
System.out.println("Driver Accepted");
} catch (Exception e) {
System.out.println(e.toString());
}
}
}

I have stripped the code down to absolutely nothing except the driver load, to rule out any java syntax as being the error.

At this point, I am totally stuck. One nagging thought is that it is a bug with the mac implementation of java, or even worse, when apple released 10.3.9 update they really screwed up java and had to fix it with a patch a few days later. I am wondering if this could be a residual effect of that issue. Well, any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

-Matt

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature
June 11, 2005 04:17PM
March 14, 2007 04:02AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.