Re: querytimeout doesn't work for load-balanced and fail-over urls
Posted by: murat cengiz
Date: January 17, 2013 03:34AM

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the answer.

Even if i don't use query timeouts, i think i still have to configure socketTimeout to figure out when there is an actual communication problem with the db host.

Therefore queries/updates will still fail with socketTimeout, and the connection will receive a sql exception which will cause the host to be blacklisted by the driver (provided loadBalanceBlacklistTimeout>0), where the actual reason for the exception is probably just an erroneous query taking too long.

Simply put, I was hoping that no rebalancing would occur in case of a timeout. I am testing whether the host is blacklisted after this exception, will post my findings.

If i understand correctly, you say that even if this bug is fixed, it would give us no guarantee that it would timeout on all occasions?

Do you think it would make sense to not rebalance on this exception? I don't think there could be some clue in the exception to differentiate it from the case where the db host has actually gone?

thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2013 08:39AM by murat cengiz.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: querytimeout doesn't work for load-balanced and fail-over urls
January 17, 2013 03:34AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.