Connecting to mysql database in Netbeans
Posted by: Bjorn Chin Fo Sieeuw
Date: April 27, 2013 05:03AM

Hi,

I don't know how to connect to a mysql database in Netbeans. I tried to download the mysql-admin file to set the 'Path/URL to admin tool' in Admin properties (MySQL Server properties). But I don't know where to download it. When I try to connect without this file I get the following message:

Unable to connect to the MySQL server:

org.netbeans.api.db.explorer.DatabaseException: org.netbeans.api.db.explorer.DatabaseException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server..

The server may not be running or your MySQL connection properties may not be set correctly. Do you want to edit your MySQL connection properties?

I hope that someone knows where to get this file and how I can connect to the mysql database.

Thanks in advance,

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Connecting to mysql database in Netbeans
April 27, 2013 05:03AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.