Re: MySQLQueryInterruptedException while no one killed the query
Posted by: Nikolay Karasev
Date: October 06, 2014 03:39PM

Todd,
thanks for sticking around. We still have the issue and trying to figure out what is happening.

Just for the sake of showing more, here is what we see in the logs of our app:

one log:
2014-10-06 13:19:03,332 [pool-16-thread-1832] INFO impl.JdbcDaoBase.getConnection:507 - Connection Created.
2014-10-06 13:19:03,334 [pool-16-thread-1832] INFO impl.JdbcDaoBase.insert:466 - Failed to insert entry.

corresponding line from another log for the same operation:
2014-10-06 13:19:03,334 [pool-16-thread-1832] ERROR com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLQueryInterruptedException : Query execution was interrupted

As you see there is literally 2 milliseconds of time. Is it even possible to issue a kill command via Java that would react this fast? I do not think this one even makes trip to the database.

The sql you gave in fact shows there are KILLs, so something is definitely doing it. Question is what? Can the DB engine itself kill the query it does not like for some reason?

All I can add is that this is not auto-commit transaction (connection.setAutoCommit(false);) and the operation itself was inserting a new row.

Thinking out loud: is it possible that this could be a result of issuing a kill command to the previous statement run by the same connection? I have seen some weird behaviors when you try to kill long query but it actually times out on its own first, then the result is killing next query I think. What does the source code says with regards to this?

Thanks,
Nikolay

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.