Re: Master/Slave Replication with Down Slaves
Posted by: Filipe Silva
Date: June 26, 2017 05:55PM

Hi Chuck,

> 1. Tomcat won't start when the slave 2.2.2.222 is down. Is there a setting to allow for this?

The connection property "allowSlaveDownConnections=true" should do just that. Do you have a stack trace we can look at?

> 2. If a node goes down at any point does the driver blacklist them, because it seems if a kill a node that my application hangs on queries that are going to the read only replica. Is there a way to have it ban failed nodes?

I'm not sure I understand your question.

A replication aware connection internally manages two load-balanced connections. One for the master (or masters in a multi-master replication setup) and another for the slaves. You can set the connection property "loadBalanceBlacklistTimeout" with some value to turn on blacklisting inside each one of the internal load-balanced connections.

As of switching from a master to a slave server on a master down fail-over, this can only happen when establishing new connections and if the connection property "allowMasterDownConnections=true" is set. In any case, when this happens, the connection is automatically set as read-only. Is this what you mean?

> I guess in general does Master/Slave Replication gracefully handle failed slave nodes?

Yes, the internal load-balanced connections take care of that automatically. You have the power to configure several aspects of these connections, though. Please consult the connection properties "loadbalance*" in https://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-j/5.1/en/connector-j-reference-configuration-properties.html and https://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-j/5.1/en/connector-j-multi-host-connections.html for additional information.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Master/Slave Replication with Down Slaves
June 26, 2017 05:55PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.