Unable to connect using Connector JDBC
Posted by: Edward Diener
Date: March 18, 2018 05:35PM

I am unable to connect to a MySql server database on another local Intranet machine. I have installed the connector both under Windows and Linux. In neither case am I able to connect using the MySQL Workbench program or the more generalized SQL Workbench program. In both cases the error I receive is:

"Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server."

The SQL server and database are on port 3306 on a local intranet IP address such as 192.168.nnn.nnn. I can use Putty successfully either on Windows and Linux using the intranet IP address to logon to the machine from a different computer on my intranet. I can type in the intranet 192.168.nnn.nnn address in my browser to go to a web server setup on the machine from a different computer on my intranet. Finally using the web PHPAdmin program I can type in my browser http://192.168.nnn.nnn/phpmyadmin to open a PHP admin page which lets me enter my MySQL username and password to access my databases on the MySql server successfully.

My thought that it must have something to to with the JDBC connector but I do not know what the problem is. The connector I am using is 5.1.42 and I am running Java 1.8.0.161. The MySql server I am trying to connect to is on a Debian Linux ARM system.

Does anybody have any ideas why the connector is failing to connect to the remote MySQL server on my local intranet, whereas direct connections to the IP address via Putty and my web browser ( Firefox ) succeed without any problem ?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Unable to connect using Connector JDBC
March 18, 2018 05:35PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.