Cannot connect jboss to mysql 8 cluster with mysqlrouter
Posted by: John Stricklen
Date: September 19, 2018 12:15PM

I am fairly new to JBOSS and mysql router, so bear with me. We have a working stable install of JBOSS EAP 7.0 on a Windows 2012 R2 server running custom web services software. We have a new instance of mysql 8 InnoDB cluster (3 nodes) running on RHEL 7 that I need to connect to from the JBOSS server.

I have installed mysqlrouter on Windows and successfully bootstrapped it and installed it to run as a service. The log shows that it is connecting to the cluster with no errors.

I have installed the Connector/J software and registered the driver as a core module and then built a jboss datasource using the mysql driver class.

When I test the datasource connection, I get an error stating the connection is not valid. In the JBOSS server.log I get
java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'username@192.168.27.16' (using password: YES)

Based on the logs, it appears there is no connection issue between JBOSS, mysqlrouter, and the mysql cluster.

I have verified that the username and password in the datasource definition (not shown here) are valid and work on the database.

I know the mysql cluster requires secure connections. That is indicated in the mysqlrouter.conf file and I have verified that we have a valid certificate and CA certificates installed on our JBOSS instance. These are being used for other connections. Is there something else that needs to be installed or registered with mysqlrouter in terms of certificates?

I am stumped on what to check next. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Cannot connect jboss to mysql 8 cluster with mysqlrouter
September 19, 2018 12:15PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.