Re: How do I set the timezone in MYSQL 8.0.12 or configure the JDBC driver??
Posted by: Karen Goh
Date: February 12, 2019 11:43PM

Hi Filipe,

This is an old question but I need your help this time round as I have faced further problem in doing what you suggested.

Basically, I have followed the below link :

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1712646/i-can-not-find-my-cnf-on-my-windows-computer

so that mysql 8.0.14 will read in the my.ini which contains the default time zone but I am getting error.

C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0.14\bin>mysqld --defaults-file="C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0.14\my.ini"
mysqld: [ERROR] Failed to open required defaults file: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0.14\my.ini

And when I used Eclipse to test the connection, it still failed stating the old reason that the timezone is not set to Singapore.

I have also tried using the set timezone inside WorkBench itself but still failed in the connection; error pointed to timezone error again.

Please help. Tks.
mysqld: [ERROR] Fatal error in defaults handling. Program aborted!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: How do I set the timezone in MYSQL 8.0.12 or configure the JDBC driver??
February 12, 2019 11:43PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.