Re: Problem while trying to connect to mySql server via JDBC...
Posted by: Haralambos Sintihakis
Date: December 15, 2004 07:49AM

No, to tell you the truth I am actually disapointed from the lack of support and also because I cannot find out what the problem may be. Perhaps it's because of the versions of software that I use, and they can not work together...
As you have probably seen yourself the code I am using is really simple without containing anything fancy that may produce the problem...And since it is not the first time that I deal with JDBC, I can say that I know all the basic stuff that I need in order to make it work, but unfortunately...
I was thinking of downloading the newest version of mySQL server (5.0 I think), but I find it rather impossible that something will change. I think that the problem is probably the connector/J itself, although I've already tried the two latest versions.
What do you think? Have you or anyone else tried something different in order to make it work?
Could it be that the problem is due to malformed code?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.