transaction isolation levels
Posted by: Takis
Date: December 21, 2004 07:10PM

Hi

i'm using mysql db version 4.1.7 and jdbc connector 3.0.15 (though i downloaded and tried the 3.1.5 driver and the result is the same).

i'm unsure if this is a bug, or if i need to set an additional property on the connections, but i have noticed that the transaction levels reported and the level demonstrated are 2 different things.,

the defult level appears to be TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED which is fine and what i'm after.

i have noticed that when two (or more) connections are open with autocommit set to false, an update using one connection and subsequently committed is not visible to any other open connections. opening a new connection does return the update or issuing a commit/rollback on existing connections also returns the update (strange given there is no transaction block to commit on those others). so basically executing an update and committing is not propagated to other open connections - only when a new connection is created do you see the update (and the connection where you performed the update and commit can see it also).

if connections have autocommit set to true, the above does not happend - almost as if you need to have a pool of conns for read with autocommit set to true and another pool for write set to false.

anyway.... any suggestions here would be appreciated - is this a bug...???

Thanks

Takis

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
transaction isolation levels
December 21, 2004 07:10PM
December 22, 2004 08:26PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.