MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Licensing

How does the enterprise edition apply to On premise software solutions
Posted by: Marcio Reis
Date: April 04, 2019 03:55AM

At my company we are preparing a refactoring of our solution. This includes a database migration to modern database. MySQL is our top preference but we have some questions about enterprise grade solutions and license pricing.

As I mentioned in the subject, our software is a on premise solution and he have more than 4k customers across the Europe. Each customer has a local server where a dbms runs along with a web server. In terms of sizing, databases rarely go above 10gb, but in certain cases, customers have 50gb databases.

Due to our infrastructure I need to understand If we would need to buy a license for each customer in order to be able to run enterprise grade tools such as backup and restore or if we purchase a single license to the company will be enough to manage those databases with backup and restore operations.

I saw the benchmark for a 73gb where we need more than 16 hours to backup/restore using mysqldump while with enterprise tools the time rarely goes above 20min.

Also, is there a validity for a enterprise subscription (annula?)? If it does what happens after the expiration?

Best regards,
Marcio

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
How does the enterprise edition apply to On premise software solutions
April 04, 2019 03:55AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.