MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/Node.js

importing XML file into MySQL
Posted by: Lev Abramov
Date: April 02, 2006 10:01AM

Folks, I apologize if this has been discussed. The reason I am not trying to search for it is that I understand next to nothing and would probably be unable to figure out what I have found, anyway. :) Please don't flame me for that.

Here's the question. I have a client who needs a website running a PHP/MySQL script. He has a program with an obscure-format database (on his non-wired, local machine) which he'd like me to migrate to his website database. He can export the DB to XML, and I have to pick it up from there.

My question is whether I can import an XML file into MySQL directly, or need to further convert it first (e.g., open it in MS Excel and re-save as .csv) before MySQL (aided by PHPmyAdmin) will agree to look at it.

the second question is whether a layman like me can do it in a fairly straightforward manner, or whether I should outsource this to someone who knows something about database conversion.

TIA -

Lev

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
importing XML file into MySQL
April 02, 2006 10:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.