MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/Node.js

Node.js .find() on collection working example
Posted by: Andy Fusniak
Date: October 20, 2017 05:18AM

I'm trying to run the example code from this page:

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/x-devapi-userguide/en/working-with-collections-basic-crud.html

The documentation says "After establishing a connection to a MySQL Server, a new collection that can hold JSON documents is created and several documents are inserted. Then, a find operation is executed to search for a specific document from the collection. Finally, the collection is dropped again from the database. The example assumes that the test schema exists and that the collection my_collection does not exist."

I had to modify the code to work with Node.js using the xdevapi connector 8.0.8 but I still cannot get the find to work.

Here is the modified version with 3 changes made by myself in an attempt to get it to work using the @mysql/xdevapi node module.

var mysqlx = require('mysqlx');

becomes

const mysqlx = require('@mysql/xdevapi');

Added ssl: false option to avoid the error message "Error: The server's X plugin version does not support SSL. Please refer to https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/x-plugin-ssl-connections.html for more details on how to enable secure connections.
at capabilitiesSet.then.then.then.then.catch.err (/Users/andy/projects/express-dating/node_modules/@mysql/xdevapi/lib/Protocol/Client.js:141:19)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:109:7)"

3. Added

console.error(err);

To the .catch block

// --------------------------------------------------
// Connecting to MySQL Server and working with a Collection

const mysqlx = require('@mysql/xdevapi');

// Connect to server
mysqlx.getSession( {
host: 'localhost', port: '33060',
dbUser: 'root', dbPassword: 'mysql',
ssl: false
}).then(function(session) {
return session.getSchema('test');
}).then(function(db) {
// Create a new collection 'my_collection'
return db.createCollection('my_collection');
}).then(function(myColl) {
// Insert documents
return Promise.all([
myColl.add({name: 'Sakila', age: 15}).execute(),
myColl.add({name: 'Susanne', age: 24}).execute(),
myColl.add({name: 'Mike', age: 39}).execute()
]).then(function() {
// Find a document
return myColl.find('name like :name AND age < :age')
.bind({ name: 'S*', age: 20 }).limit(1).execute();
}).then(function(docs) {
// Print document
console.log(docs.fetchOne());

// Drop the collection
return myColl.drop();
});
}).catch(function(err) {
// Handle error
console.error(err);
});

When I run it I get the following error:

Function {
message: 'Parse error on line 1:\nname like :name AND age <\n-----^\nExpecting \'.\', \'(\', got \'like\'',
hash:
{ text: 'like',
token: 'like',
line: 0,
loc: { first_line: 1, last_line: 1, first_column: 0, last_column: 4 },
expected: [ '\'.\'', '\'(\'' ] } }

The Mysql Log shows the following:

2017-10-20T11:12:39.083327Z 57 Query /* xplugin authentication */ SELECT @@require_secure_transport, `authentication_string`,`account_locked`, (`password_expired`!='N') as `is_password_expired`, @@disconnect_on_expired_password as `disconnect_on_expired_password`, @@offline_mode and (`Super_priv`='N') as `is_offline_mode_and_isnt_super_user`,`ssl_type`, `ssl_cipher`, `x509_issuer`, `x509_subject` FROM mysql.user WHERE 'root' = `user` AND 'localhost' = `host`
2017-10-20T11:12:39.090688Z 57 Query CREATE TABLE `test1137`.`my_collection` (doc JSON,_id VARCHAR(32) GENERATED ALWAYS AS (JSON_UNQUOTE(JSON_EXTRACT(doc, '$._id'))) STORED PRIMARY KEY) CHARSET utf8mb4 ENGINE=InnoDB
2017-10-20T11:12:39.107542Z 57 Query INSERT INTO `test1137`.`my_collection` (doc) VALUES ('{\"name\":\"Sakila\",\"age\":15,\"_id\":\"93C3E1878BBAAB5B11E7B5879578BDD0\"}')
2017-10-20T11:12:39.109389Z 57 Query INSERT INTO `test1137`.`my_collection` (doc) VALUES ('{\"name\":\"Susanne\",\"age\":24,\"_id\":\"93C3E1878BBABEB911E7B58795798130\"}')
2017-10-20T11:12:39.110036Z 57 Query INSERT INTO `test1137`.`my_collection` (doc) VALUES ('{\"name\":\"Mike\",\"age\":39,\"_id\":\"93C3E1878BBABCE411E7B5879579CF40\"}')

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Node.js .find() on collection working example
October 20, 2017 05:18AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.