MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/Python

Installer can't detect Python
Posted by: Thomas Lordello
Date: June 26, 2013 11:03AM

Hi. I'm new to this forum but I'll try to be as clear as possible.

I'm trying to install MySQL on my company's lab computer which runs Windows XP 32-bit. During the installation, however, the python connector cannot install because the installer thinks I don't have python installed on my machine, even though I do. Also note that Windows knows I have python because when I type "python" in cmd, the python shell runs just fine.

I did install Python with the option "install for all users", yet, in the windows registry, Python appears under "current user", not in "local machine", and I think that might be the problem.

I'm scared of modifying windows registry myself and reinstalling python is not an option because of all the add-ons others have installed that I don't want to mess with.

Does anyone know of a safe solution to get the MySQL installer to detect the presence of python?

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Installer can't detect Python
June 26, 2013 11:03AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.