MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/Python

connect to a database with MySQLdb on Leopard
Posted by: Guilhem Richard
Date: March 13, 2008 03:05AM

Hello everyone!
I'm programming a software in python which need to access to a database. I thus installed MySQLdb but I have some little problems to connect to my database.
I'm running under masOSX Leopard 10.5.2, MySQL version is 5.0.51a (32bit), python 2.5 and I've got MySQLdb 1.2.1
I was previously running under Tiger and I had no problems. When upgrading to Leopard I had some little bugs so I choosed to reinstall my MySQL server (and MySQLdb packages).
When I'm connecting to mysql in root mode directly in the bash ("mysql -u root") I have no problem connecting to my database. But when I'm trying to connect with my python script I get an error.
I'm accessing with:
self.db=MySQLdb.connect("localhost","root","","ENS")
self.cursor=self.db.cursor()

where ENS is the name of the database I need to access to.
I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "programme.py", line 63, in <module>
A = Applic_graph_princ()
File "programme.py", line 26, in __init__
self.DB=dbDialog.Dialog(port,login,pwd,name)
File "/Users/Guilhem/INSA/Biopylife/dbDialog.py", line 9, in __init__
self.db=MySQLdb.connect(port,login,pwd,name)
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/MySQLdb/__init__.py", line 75, in Connect
return Connection(*args, **kwargs)
File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 164, in __init__
super(Connection, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs2)
_mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (2002, "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)")

I thought I was connecting in root mode to my local server.
There is indeed no mysql.sock file in the tmp folder, but I checked my my.cnf file in etc and it should not connect there.

[client]
socket = /var/mysql/mysql.sock

[mysqld]
socket = /var/mysql/mysql.sock

I may also have a privilege problem because I also can't access to the database if I'm connecting to mysql without root mode.

ordinateur-de-guilhem-richard:~ Guilhem$ mysql
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 45
Server version: 5.0.51a MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.

mysql> use ENS
ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'ens'

Can someone help me??

By the way, do anyone know is there is some incompatibilies between MySQLdb and py2app? I had already some bugs on Tiger.

Thanks!!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
connect to a database with MySQLdb on Leopard
March 13, 2008 03:05AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.