MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/Python

What is the 32 connection pooling limit for?
Posted by: Gordon Hughes
Date: December 29, 2019 01:40PM

Hi there

I am a Python Developer who has various hobbies in coding and one of them is coding a python-based automoderator bot on the Discord platform

However, due to its scale, I frequently run into issues with connection pooling due to the multiple concurrent requests to the pool system I am using, thus my bot shuts down due to using up all 32 connections (alongside message activity from Discord, there are tasks which query the DB as well).

Investigation of the code revealed that there is a hard-coded limit of 32 connections for a pool. Can anyone explain why that is there? I could not find anything that appeared to explain what this cap is for.

I edited my local copy of the module files to double this hard cap and started my bot with 40 connections and have not run into any issues, but I gather it's unsupported, but it still begs the question what this 32 limit is for.

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
What is the 32 connection pooling limit for?
December 29, 2019 01:40PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.