MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Perl

Help can remote SELECT but not INSERT
Posted by: san san
Date: September 16, 2006 07:49AM

This is driving me mad can anyone help?

I'm using Win XP Home SP2, MySQL 5.022-communiy-nt, Active State Perl 5.8.7, Apache Apache/2.0.54 (Win32) and i have all setting set to UTF8

I can select and inset with some perl script code on the local machine

but

I cannot insert when on a remote machine using a web CGI, I can only select!

I've tried creating a user called
select,insert,update 'webuser'@'%'

and a user called
all me@<myip>
root@<myip>

but with all accounts I can only ever select and never instert.

Anyone got any ideas?

server logs on mysql admin are always empty, I'm new to mySQL maybe I need to turn them on somewhere? I can't see errors through my Perl CGI :/

Do i need to put port 3306 in my router? I was kinda hoping as my perl scripts are on local host for it to act as root but MySQL seems to think differently?I don't wana stick 3306 in the router an have people view the database without going throught the perl cgi.

i've set my 'webuser'@'%' but when I look in mysql admin it doesn't show in the 'host from which user can connect' list? Something wrong here?

I can also paste my insert command from the CGI result just before the crash and place it in remote mysql command line client and it works fine there too :/

$command = 'INSERT test (test) VALUES ("test")';
print $command;
$data = $DataHandle->do ($command);

prints...

INSERT test (test) VALUES ("test")

and Perl stops dead, nothing enters the database, but if I cut and paste it into remote command line client it works, and if I run the script on the localhost server it works just not from another PC :'(

Edited 13 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2006 09:58AM by san san.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Help can remote SELECT but not INSERT
September 16, 2006 07:49AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.