MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Perl

Installing DBD::Mysql on Solaris 10
Posted by: james yeager
Date: January 12, 2011 06:35PM

Hello -
again, i'm trying to get DBD-mysql-4.013 installed on a Solaris 10 (i86_64) server. The actual Mysql database is on a remote server, but it too is an identical Solaris 10 box. I'm able to get through the first two steps (after modifying Makefile):

perl Makefile.PL --testuser=jyeager --testpassword=pwd --testdb=linedev --testhost=palms
make

but this is what i get when i do make test:

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/perl5/5.8.4/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/00base....................ok
t/10connect.................skipped
all skipped: ERROR: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client Can't continue test
t/20createdrop..............skipped
all skipped: ERROR: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client. Can't continue test

I downloaded mysql-5.1.49-solaris10-x86_64 and unpacked it under /usr/local/mysql and tested it out. I verified that /usr/local/mysql is first in my PATH and i'm using binaries under /usr/local/mysql/bin. I'm able to login to the remote database just fine and do queries, etc.. It appears "make test" is using the libraries under /usr/sfw/lib/mysql instead of the ones under /usr/local/mysql/lib. Suggestions?

perl v5.8.4
gcc version 3.4.6

thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Installing DBD::Mysql on Solaris 10
January 12, 2011 06:35PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.