MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Perl

Re: DBD::mysql 4.004 .. does it actually compile at all on Solaris?
Posted by: simon simon
Date: April 17, 2007 01:22PM

Agggggggg Man!!!!

This was so annoying ,,,, guys if you read my post above , pls try those things out first befor trying this fix out ..... the sunfreeware version of mysql was a killer with mysql_conf reporting wring flags for gcc

However total credit goes to Vadim Shulkin post below

... I was sceptical... but if you rename libmysqlclient.so to libmysqlclient.so.old
and then compile DBD::mysql again

.... It works ....

Obviously you need to have checked you have all 32 or all 64 bit libraries & applications (perl + mysql) installed 1st. I compiled everying from source to avoid these issues.

I can not believe that when you compile mysql 5.0.37 from source using gmake and gcc that it could possible create dynamically loadable libraries

libmysqlclient.so

that do not have the same function calls as the static libraries

libmysqlclient.a

!!! seems crazy ..surely some mysql coding mistake? or is it DBD:mysql problem for not limiting its feature set by detecting at compile time if the libraries it was using was the dynamic ones (default)?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: DBD::mysql 4.004 .. does it actually compile at all on Solaris?
April 17, 2007 01:22PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.