MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Perl

Perl/Mysql/ DBI Problems?
Posted by: Franklin Xeimeister
Date: November 02, 2008 12:30AM

I am wanting to use Perl to manipulate some Mysql databases that I have built. The examples on the web are made to look easy. The problem is, I can never get past some DBI errors. Here is an example of the error I am receiving.

"Can't locate DB_File.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/site/lib C:/Perl/lib .) at C:\Development\Perl\Source\test.pl line 4."

From some of the online trouble-shooting they want me to do a PPM install of DBI and it appears that it is already installed. I am not sure what to do as many of the online tutorials just go straight into examples with no help on how to make sure everything is setup and how to trouble-shoot any possible configuration problems. In my test program all I am doing is just trying to connect to the MySql database, using an example I found online. Please help!

Perl: Active Perl 5.10.0

Mr X.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2008 12:32AM by Franklin Xeimeister.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Perl/Mysql/ DBI Problems?
November 02, 2008 12:30AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.