MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Perl

install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC
Posted by: Huub
Date: September 17, 2009 11:15AM

Hi,

I've noticed there are quite a few posts on this topic already, but I've found none with my cause.

I'm running Fedora Linux 11 and I recently had to reinstall it because my harddisk died. Using cpan, I install DBD, DBI, mysql as I (thought) I did on my old installation. However, when running the perl script, I got the message

install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains:/home/huub/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.epic.debug /mnt/Kaapstadadmin/HVW/Girobrief /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at (eval 3) line 3.
Perhaps the DBD::mysql perl module hasn't been fully installed,
or perhaps the capitalisation of 'mysql' isn't right.
Available drivers: DBM, ExampleP, File, Gofer, Multiplex, Proxy, Sponge.

So, I've checked on mysql.pm and found this:

/root/.cpan/Bundle/DBD/mysql.pm
/root/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-4.012-WOmtIC/lib/Bundle/DBD/mysql.pm
/root/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-4.012-WOmtIC/lib/DBD/mysql.pm
/root/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-4.012-SwKLck/lib/Bundle/DBD/mysql.pm
/root/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-4.012-SwKLck/lib/DBD/mysql.pm
/root/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-4.012-SwKLck/blib/lib/Bundle/DBD/mysql.pm
/root/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-4.012-SwKLck/blib/lib/DBD/mysql.pm

Since I installed as root (obviously), shouldn't this have been installed in 1 of the at @INC mentioned directories?

Thank you for helping out.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC
September 17, 2009 11:15AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.