MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Perl

SOLUTION
Posted by: Miguelanxo Otero Salgueiro
Date: March 07, 2005 12:57PM

II came to a solution to this problem surfing google for the error strings. Some post (I don't remember) stated that the linker could be confused when the libs directory /in my case /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql) contained multiple versions of one lib.

I checked mine and found two versions of libmysqlclient:

libmysqlclient.so.12
libmysqlclient.so.10

So I moved one of those (v12) to other directory (as a backup) and then everything worked flawlessly. I think this is a somewhat "standard solution", which doesn't require static linking and/or moving the libraries to /usr/local/lib...

Thnaks for your tips, Miguelanxo.

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject
Written By
Posted
June 05, 2006 10:49AM
June 05, 2006 01:10PM
SOLUTION
March 07, 2005 12:57PM
March 07, 2005 12:58PM
February 14, 2006 10:32AM
October 24, 2007 08:59AM
November 17, 2007 07:58PM


Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.