MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Perl

Records inserted twice with LOAD DATA INFILE
Posted by: Wee Tiong Ang
Date: May 10, 2006 04:25AM

Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone has met this problem before. I have a Perl page that inserts records into many tables using mulitple SELECT ... INTO OUTFILE and LOAD DATA INFILE... statements. When I try to insert a small dataset i.e. ~20000 inserts in total, the records are inserted properly to all tables. When I try to insert a bigger dataset, ~100000 inserts in total, records are inserted twice in the last couple of tables.

I did a search and realise most people has this insertion twice problem due to form submit and javascripts. My problem is different because the inserting twice only happens to some tables and always the last couple of tables. And it never happen on a smaller dataset.

It seems that although the LOAD DATA INFILE is called once (verified by printing out onto screen), records are inserted twice when the dataset is huge, the number of inserts is huge and the time needed to insert is long.

I'm using MySQL distri 5.0.19 on Solaris 10 (sparc).

Is this a known MySQL bug?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Records inserted twice with LOAD DATA INFILE
May 10, 2006 04:25AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.