MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: Store GIF in Blob and show GIF on page
Posted by: Uwe Jaedick
Date: September 13, 2006 11:54PM

Thanks for all the answers. I didn't get any email notification and I am working in a different country for a while. That's why I couldn't pick up your answers earlier.

I do not think it is bad style to put everything into the database. I am working on an ERP system which is doing this for ages and I never experienced any trouble with this. I think it is a very smart way having even the program code in the database. But nevertheless, I am developing a new software in PHP and I do not know PHP very well yet. The request is to read the gif from the database and put it on the page.

In general we do not want to give access to the file system at all and we think the way PeopleSoft has build it's application is the we should do it with our application, too. Not that I say it is the best way, it is just the prefered way.

This is the reason why I need to know how to show a gif or jpeg on the page and the simple way echo $logo will not work because there is some kind of conversion needed.

Thanks
Uwe

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Store GIF in Blob and show GIF on page
September 13, 2006 11:54PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.