MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Problems with Norwegian characters (MySql/PHP)
Posted by: steinp
Date: June 27, 2005 04:44AM

I have made a MySql test database, with some of the text including Norwegian characters Æ, Ø and Å (in case they do not show up correctly on the forum their Latin1 (ISO-8859-1) codes are 198, 216 and 197, respectively). These characters show up correctly within the MySql Command Line Client.

But when displaying recordsets within a PHP document in Dreamweaver MX (using Live View or IE browser preview), these characters are exchanged with some other characters.

It seems like all 3 applications (MySql 4.1.12a-nt, PHP 5.0.4, DW MX) are using Latin-1 as default character set (which includes the Norwegian characters), so I can not figure out where the problem lies, or what kind of configuration changes I could try.

By the way, when doing the same thing using Access database and ASP.NET, the characters show up correctly. I therefore guess that the problem does not lay in Dreamweaver, but in the communications between MySql and PHP.

I know that similar problems have been posted before, but I could not find any solution there, so I give it one more try!

Any Scandinavians out there?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Problems with Norwegian characters (MySql/PHP)
June 27, 2005 04:44AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.