MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

differences between windows 2000 and XP SP1 ???
Posted by: Mick
Date: June 29, 2005 01:44AM

I have essentially no knowledge of PHP and mySQL, except for reading through the basics, and having a rough idea of how the PHP interacts with the database, and so i am somewhat of a newbie to all of this, but i'll try to dsecribe my dilemna anyways...

Basically, a number of PHP scripts are run through a browser from a location on a company intranet in order to upload .htm files (the files are originally Word 2003 documents that are changed to .htm files) up onto a mySQL database, where they can be downloaded again and such at will.

Now, the problem lies in the fact that this system works perfectly under windows 2000 (and still does)...but comes to grief when a system using XP SP1 tries to upload files. Essentially, a computer running XP can still access the database (so the login and everything is fine) and see what's there and everything, but when you select the file that you wish to upload, it then comes to a grinding halt and just sits at the uploading screen and doesn't achieve much of anything. Because all of the scripts are pretty much self contained, there's no error messages as such, except to know that it's having problems when it comes to uploading, but it can still access the database just fine, and so i am fairly clueless as to what the cause could be.

I've been assured that all firewalls are switched off on the computers running XP, so it's nothing as simple as that. And so i was wondering whether anyone here could quiet possibly point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
differences between windows 2000 and XP SP1 ???
June 29, 2005 01:44AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.