MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

#1030 - Got error 12 from storage engine - HELP
Posted by: Kwesi Nkromah
Date: August 26, 2006 01:13AM

After a long relaxing 2 day vacation from the daily rigors of work, I return to my desk to check the status of my website. WWW.poke - whateverDOTcom and to my surprise the database is down. however, it's not that big of a suprise, the server dies constantly. Knowing this i head to my control panel to preform the necessary steps to restart the database and site using phpMyAdmin / Cpanel but when i get to the MySQL control panel, no database was listed! Well, i thought to myself, this is obviously the problem with the database... there is none. Before leaving for my trip i made a backup so i wasn't to worried about the lost data. I headed to phpMyAdmin and got this error:

----------------------------------
Error

SQL query: Edit

SHOW CHARACTER SET;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1030 - Got error 12 from storage engine
----------------------------------

so the plot thickens. I'm not sure what this means, I'm not much of a MSQL programmer but it seems as-if MySQL has completely crashed on my server. Can anyone help me discover what happened? or at-least point me in the right direction?

thanks in advamce - Kwesi

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
#1030 - Got error 12 from storage engine - HELP
August 26, 2006 01:13AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.