MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Not able to insert data in database through phpscript
Posted by: Sammy 95
Date: January 27, 2009 02:45AM

Hello !

First of all I am quite new to mySQL (but enjoys it) so please exuse me and answer me in a simple way.

I have spendt hours and hours editing a php script that will create a database and at the same time insert some data into it.
Everything works except from the last part. I end up with a database with tables, but no content has been inserted into the table.

No errormessages are shown, actually my checking says that it's OK (but thats MY checking ;-). So I really wonder how to do this..
I have tried both INSERT and UPDATE with no luck. Well UPDATE works in some way..

I am able to open my php script and there I have a form where I am supposed to later edit these data. If I try that everything works.
So I am able to update (insert) data into the database when inside the php script myselves, but when I try to fill it up when creating the database it's not possible.

Here is my trouble part:

-- CODE start --

// create conf
$queryBlocks = mysql_query('CREATE TABLE conf (cfg_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, cfg_status text NOT NULL, cfg_checked text NOT NULL, cfg_admin text NOT NULL, cfg_adminpass text NOT NULL, cfg_pathscript text NOT NULL, cfg_notfound text NOT NULL, cfg_rowsperpage int(4) NOT NULL default \'0\', cfg_codelength int(2) NOT NULL default \'0\', cfg_clearbutton text NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (cfg_id));');

if($queryBlocks) {
$msg[] = '<span class="create"><strong>MySQL:</strong> The database table was created.</span>'; }

if(!$queryBlocks) {
$msg[] = '<span class="create"><strong>MySQL:</strong> The database table was NOT created.</span>'; }

// insert data in conf
$insertdata = mysql_query("UPDATE conf SET cfg_admin='$admin_username',cfg_adminpass='$admin_password',cfg_pathscript='$pathscript',cfg_notfound='$notfound',cfg_rowsperpage='10',cfg_codelength='6',cfg_checked='$cfgchecked',cfg_clearbutton='$clearbutton' WHERE cfg_id = '1'") or die(mysql_error());

if(!$insertdata){
$error = 1;
$msg[] = '<span class="error"><strong>MySQL:</strong> Not able to insert data into database </span>'; }

if($insertdata){
$msg[] = '<span class="create"><strong> MySQL:</strong> Data inserted into the database ok.</span>'; }
}
-- CODE cut --

(And the last UPDATE part is almost a clean copy from the php script that works..)

Anyone, please..

Sammy :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2009 04:02AM by Sammy 95.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Not able to insert data in database through phpscript
January 27, 2009 02:45AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.