MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Root is tryng to resolve to a Chinese IP address
Posted by: Osa Walls
Date: November 17, 2017 10:14AM

I have had to add PHP and MySQL to two of my web servers to accommodate a client who I am developing and hosting a web site that requires PHP and SQL. PHP is pretty straight forward, but MySQL is more like a science project. Both of them are working except that I have an error that it is trying to resolve localhost to a Chinese IP address. When I log into the SQL database, I connect to the correct data directory, but is seems to be trying to send the table and schema to China

Both servers were setup using the MySQL 5.7 installer and both have the same problem. Using root and password takes me to the correct directory as does localhost with a secondary user password. If it is any help, here is the last two lines of the log file.

"[Warning] IP address 222.186.129.120 could not be resoled: No such host is known"
"[Note] Access denied for user 'root'@'222.186.129.120' (using password: YES)"

I think root should always be 127.0.0.1 in this particular application. All data input and output are within the confined of the server. No public connections are required.

I am sure this would be easy to fix if I had more experience with MySQL in this application......Any recommendations?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.