MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Your PHP server doesn't have the MySQL module loaded or you can't use the mysql_(p)connect functions
Posted by: Patrick Lui
Date: August 15, 2007 05:10PM

I am receiving this error when I try to use Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 to connect to mySQL database on the server.

"Your PHP server doesn't have the MySQL module loaded or you can't use the mysql_(p)connect functions"

I have google this problem and haven't been able to find a solution. I am hoping that someone can help help resolve this frustrating problem.

I am using PHP5 and mysQL 5.0.27 as well as using the mysqli.dll extension. I'm running IIS 6.0 on a Windows 2003 server.

I made sure the extension folder exist and i have edited the php.ini file to make sure the extension is not commented out and references to mysqli.dll. I have also copied the file mysqli.dll and libmysql.dll to the C:\Windows\System32 directory. I have restarted the server and IIS several times and the same error still occurs.

I'm running Dreamweaver on a workstation and trying to connect to the Windows Server that has PHP and mySQL installed. I also have phpMyAdmin installed and that runs fine and I can access that via my workstation. PHP and mySQL are installed in the program files directory, but I created a separate directory to hold the mySQL databases.

If there is any further info I can provide, please let me know. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pat

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Your PHP server doesn't have the MySQL module loaded or you can't use the mysql_(p)connect functions
August 15, 2007 05:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.