MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: Your PHP server doesn't have the MySQL module loaded or you can't use the mysql_(p)connect functions
Posted by: Jim Ong
Date: November 28, 2007 09:52AM

I guess it's been a while since this topic was discussed, but this is what I did to get it to work...

My environment: XP Pro SP2, IIS 5.1, PHP 5.2.5, MySQL 5.

I installed PHP via the msi installer, and by default it wants to install to c:\program files\PHP...CHANGE THAT!! The problem here is that the PHP binaries look for the MySQL extension in c:\php5\ext and the php.ini in c:\windows. So, I installed to c:\php5, with the MySQL extension enabled. Then, I copied php.ini and libmysql.dll to c:\windows (I also copied libmysql.dll to c:\windows\system32, just in case).

So, I have 3 copies of libmysql.dll, and 2 copies of php.ini on my machine...overkill but it works.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Your PHP server doesn't have the MySQL module loaded or you can't use the mysql_(p)connect functions
November 28, 2007 09:52AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.