MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: MySQL/PHP on Vista very slow...why?
Posted by: Russell Brooks
Date: January 26, 2008 10:08AM

Yup. Same thing. I have a fresh install of MySQL on a bare-bones Vista Home Premium install. The DB only has 4 tables in it. Simple SELECT queries in PHP pages from any box on the network take upwards of 5 seconds to return something - even on tables that have 2 records in them. And, yes, I realize MySQL system requirements do not list Vista yet, but my point is, they should. It's been over a year since Vista's release, and at least another year of developer alphas and betas. Two years you have had, MySQL, to get your Vista act together. Two years.

Normally, I would never run OSS on a Windows box. That's just insane. OSS always runs better native. By "better", I mean faster and more stable. But, I didn't want to wreck a nice *NIX machine (Mac, Solaris, BSD, Kubuntu) with a system-wrenching DB technology like MySQL. Vista, on the other hand, comes destroyed out of the box, so I figured I couldn't make it any worse with MySQL. Vista and MySQL can wallow in their pits of deplorable quality together. :-)

--
Russ

P.S. - The DB I never have problems like this with: http://www.postgresql.org/ Switch today! You won't regret it!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: MySQL/PHP on Vista very slow...why?
January 26, 2008 10:08AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.