MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

mysql connection
Posted by: Roger Berger
Date: March 20, 2005 02:41AM

Hi there,

I have a problem connecting to the mysql server. I installed a new server with mysql 4.1.9, apache2, php4 on freebsd5.3 and have some websites running on it using the mysql server. Last friday I had a crash of one off my other servers and I copied the websites and db's to this new server. (old server was mysql 3). After that the mysql server didn't startup anymore. I then chown'ed the data dir to mysql:mysql. After that I was able to start the server with "--skip-grant-tables &". But it didn't start with out the --skip-grant-tables option". So I found out to use "mysql_install_db" to create new grant tables. After that the server starts with and without "--skip-grant-tables". But only with the "--skip-grant-tables" option, websites can connect to the databases. I can't find any real errors in the logs and I can't find anything on the web or forum. I run mysql_fix_privilege_tables and installed a root passwd.
Hopefully somebody can help me on this.

Roger

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
mysql connection
March 20, 2005 02:41AM
March 20, 2005 11:57AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.