MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

PHP / MYSQL Overloading!? What to do!?
Posted by: Adis Arifagic
Date: April 21, 2005 02:17PM

Hi, there!
I have been reading for a while now, and i can`t find any info about what the problem could be.

I running a forum + few other sites that use MYSQL to get their info from.

When i run the forum it had about 60000hits per day and the server run PERFECTLY GOOD!

Now + those other sites and much less hits on the forum im getting a very slow MYSQL + the server keeps overloading!

I have read that not closing a connection wood do some damage, im not sure if i added that on those other sites.. and btw how does one close a connection!?

Thx

Any help is apprisiated!

:::::::::::::::::::: INFO :::::::::::::::::::::

USER: %CPU %MEM Mysql Processes
mysql 38.54 12.24 0.0

Top Process: %CPU 99.9
/usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir/ --datadir/var/lib/mysql --usermysql --pid-file/var/lib/mysql/main.XXXXX.ws.pid --skip-locking

Top Process: %CPU 99.5
/usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir/ --datadir/var/lib/mysql --usermysql --pid-file/var/lib/mysql/main.XXXXX.ws.pid --skip-locking

This is what im getting..!?

I dont know how to edit any of those files and what to do, or how to fix this im willing to pay for help! :)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
PHP / MYSQL Overloading!? What to do!?
April 21, 2005 02:17PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.