MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

MySQL 5.0.7/php 4.3.11
Posted by: Brett Serkez
Date: June 27, 2005 06:23AM

I had been successfully running php 4.3.11 on FC3 with MySQL V5.0.6, but when upgrading to MySQL V5.0.7 ran into a problem with php-mysql 4.3.11. Tracked the issue down to an incompatible shared library in MySQL-shared-5.0.7-0.

I didn't understand why this issue didn't crop up with MySQL V5.0.6 and after back tracking found that there was an rpm downloadable with V5.0.6, MySQL-shared-compat V5.0.4, that has been removed with the V5.0.7 downloads.

Installing this older library (MySQL-shared-compat V5.0.4) along with the V5.0.8 server and client rpms works, but the shard-compat library must have been removed for a reason that I'd like to understand.

Will this library (or an updated version) be made available again for download? If not, what is the recommended method for maintaining php 4.3.11 compatibility with the latest MySQL V5 on Fedora Core 3?

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL 5.0.7/php 4.3.11
June 27, 2005 06:23AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.